Monday, September 03, 2007

Oh, September - - - knitting and ?

Finished up another linen string bag yesterday. Long time coming, but it's done now, so I'll just have to take it to the store and try it out. I don't think it's a good thing for a bunch of canned goods, but I'd match it up with a bag of chips and a box of cereal any day :) Maybe a bottle of wine . . .

The Labor Day weekend is drawing to a close. For those of you returning to school, many wishes for a fabulous school year. All you teachers out there, hope those "back to school" dreams have stopped by now, and you are going to bed this evening with visions of new pencils and folders, a clean whiteboard and hopes for a good crew of kiddos. I sometimes do miss the excitement of that first day, but other times, not at all. Most of the time, I'm happy to be out of the classroom. (I've now been out of the classroom as long as I was in) so it seems a lifetime ago. My first class of kids are now 16 years old, and will be taking to the streets. They are juniors in HS! Wow!!! They will ALWAYS be that lovely group of 10/11 year-olds to me. (Hindsight surely has a way of coloring your perceptions!) I'm certain I wouldn't recognize most of them if I ran into them on the street.


We've had a short summer here in the PacNW. Seemed to go by very quickly, and now the rains will start to come. September is usually pretty, by the end of the month the rains start to happen more frequently. October is hit and miss, and November, well, that's when it's really winter. And winter lasts until June. OK, that might be an exaggeration, but it doesn't let up until at least late April. May can be nice, and we all hope for the rain at night, and more sunshine during the daylight hours.

Enjoy these last few days of the summer. I hope they are pleasant for everyone!


Now, back to the knitting projects. . .

No comments: