Thursday, June 14, 2007

Minor Rant . . .

I have decided that I am not a person who sews. I thought I might be. The last 2 projects I have attempted, well, let's just say, results that have ended up in the trash (yes, yes, yes - bad to toss out this kind of thing) but I'm of the mindset that I can't have that stuff sitting around. I was attempting a pair of yoga pants, using the stitch for stretchy fabric - you really can't rip that out (I tried), and first of all, they didn't fit, and I sewed part of it the wrong way, so it was going to be a lost cause. I thought I was being really careful. The fact that they wouldn't fit basically made me realize that I need to make things that don't have to "fit" - think bags and purses would be fine (like I need more of those...)

I did make a yoga mat bag (from scratch my own pattern) - it's not perfect, but it works.

Knitting is going slow this summer. It's just not a "summer hobby" I guess. I am working on a blanket, it's now about a year old. It's about 1/5 of the way done. And that may be a generous estimate. Although I do hear that blankets are the biggest knitting buzz-kill ever. I'll drink to that. Actually, a drink sounds good. Hmmm.


that's the end of the sewing rant. . .

No comments: