Thursday, August 24, 2006

Argh!

OK, so, I think I got just a bit, shall we say, excited by the prospect of knitting this bag?? So here's my "problem*" - I've run short on the yarn, ok, I'm not completely out yet, but I'll definitely not have enough to finish. I'm working on the handles now...I did some creative BO's to make the 4 handles 25 sts each...um, had a little trouble counting, so it's going to be a bit off-kilter, but I'm not worried. Only I will know, right...OK, and the rest of you...but I'll dare you to find the mistakes!

*it's only a problem if you let it be, right? I'm a yogi, no problem is unsolvable... :) There are answers in everything....that's why I LOVE yoga...

So I've come up with the following as potential solutions, as purchasing another skein is not on the books, or I'll have way too much...and I'm not really keen on making it any bigger than it is... I also only have a limited amount of the CC (navy blue) remaining...

1. Use the MC (teal) to work up to the first dec on each handle. (this I've pretty much decided is what I'll do for Step 1)
2. Switch to a third color (such as something already stashed--I have some grey that might work)

3. Work 3rd color for a bit
4. Change to CC when directed by the pattern, and continue on my merry way, and finish this bad boy up!

I stuck the link for the pattern below, just for fun, any thoughts? Thank you!



(http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTfrenchmarket.html)

On an unrelated note - and you may know this already--the "You Knit What" blog has ceased to live. I'm so bummed, that was really, really fun to read and/or look at...

2 comments:

Wen said...

Sounds like a perfect plan! I can't wait to see what you work in to work out your solution!

Unknown said...

I wonder if you do a crochet bind off for the stitches not for the handle if it'll save you enough yarn. Or you could just simply make a shorter bag. There's nothing wrong w/that. Hope whatever you choose works out for you.

And I'm bummed to find out the "You Knit What" blog is also gone.